Universal access is very important to us. We follow web standards and check to make everything usable also with keyboard and assistive software such as screen readers. We aim to be compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 on AA level, with the high contrast theme even on AAA level. We also follow the German BITV 2.0 guidelines.
If you find any issues, don’t hesitate to report them on our issue tracker. And if you want to get involved, come join our design team!
Zoom and responsiveness
The Nextcloud interface is fully responsive and usable on any size of screen. You can zoom in and out to fit the text and element size to your liking. The navigation and sidebar can be expanded or collapsed.
We offer several themes you can activate to aid accessibility:
- High contrast theme: A high contrast mode to ease your navigation. Visual quality will be reduced but clarity will be increased.
- Dark theme: A dark theme to ease your eyes by reducing the overall luminosity and brightness. It is still under development, so please report any issues you may find.
- Dyslexia font: OpenDyslexic is a free typeface/font designed to mitigate some of the common reading errors caused by dyslexia.
To reach the accessibility settings:
- Open the settings menu at the end of the header
- Pick Settings
- In the navigation, pick Accessibility
- Contrast of elements can vary based on custom theming. For example, the
- primary theming color is used as background color by the header, log in page, and primary buttons. If this causes contrast issues, please contact your administrator for help.
3 simple steps - select domain - confirm email address - confirm phone number and you're done!
Your Nextcloud is ready in 5 minutes
You will receive a free Nextcloud set up from us. As an administrator, you can set up another user.
To start with, you will be provided with 10 GB of free storage space. Up to 50 GB of free storage is optionally possible.